The XIII workshop on Resistive Plate Chambers and Related Detectors (RPC2016) will take place at Ghent University, Belgium
RPC2016 continues the tradition of regular scientific meetings, first started in 1991 at Lecce, with following editions in Roma, Pavia, Napoli, Bari, Coimbra, Clermont-Ferrand, Seoul, Mumbai, Darmstadt, Frascati and Beijing.
This edition of the workshop will focus on the design, performance and possible upgrade scenarios of large RPC systems, ageing and detector materials studies, electronics for RPCs, detector gas studies, applications of RPC detectors outside (astro)particle physics, and new ideas for RPC systems.
The workshop will have invited reviews and selected contributions, as well as a poster session.
Limited support will be available for young deserving scientists. Applicants must send their CV before October 15th, 2015.
Participants that require an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa or for administrative purposes can contact the Local Organising Committee.
The poster of the conference is available here.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in Journal of Instrumentation.
- - 15 October, 2015: Closing of call for support request
15 October, 2015:Closing of call for abstracts - Extended to 11 November 2015
- - 30 November, 2015: Abstract acceptance
- - 10 January, 2016: Expiration of hotel reservation
31 January, 2016:Closing of registration - Extended to 5 February 2016
The following list of keynote speakers has been confirmed:
- - Rui de Oliveira (CERN)
- - Paulo Fonte (LIP Coimbra)
- - Serge Duarte Pinto (Photonis, Netherlands)
- - Rinaldo Santonico (INFN Roma2)
- - Crispin Williams (INFN Bologna)
RPC2016 will be held at Het Pand, the culture and congress center of Ghent University. This unique historical monument is a former Dominican Monastery, situated beside the river Leie in the historic center of the city of Ghent.
The conference center is easily accessible by foot from most of the city hotels.
Tel: +32 (0)9 264 83 05
International Advisory Committee
- Stefano Bianco, INFN Frascati
- Roberto Cardarelli, INFN Roma2
- Eduardo Cortina, UCL
- Paulo Fonte, LIP Coimbra
- Diego Gonzalez-Diaz, Zaragoza Univ.
- Norbert Herrmann, GSI
- Giuseppe Iaselli, INFN Bari
- Alfredo Musso, INFN Torino
- Naba K. Mondal, TIFR
- Sung K. Park, Seoul Univ.
- Vladimir Peskov, CERN
- Rinaldo Santonico, INFN Roma2
- Archana Sharma, CERN
- Walter Van Doninck, VUB
- Yi Wang, Tsinghua Univ.
- Akira Yamaguchi, Tohoku Univ.
- Bing Zhou, Michigan Univ.
Local Organizing Committee
- Simon Cauwenbergh, UGent
- Gilles De Lentdecker, ULB
- Alexis Fagot, UGent
- Muhammad Gul, UGent
- Antoine Pingault, UGent
- Deniz Poyraz, UGent
- Dirk Ryckbosch, UGent
- Linda Schepens, UGent (Secretary)
- Michael Tytgat, UGent (Chair)
- Ward Van Driessche, UGent